Who we are
Our website address is: https://brightonfootgolf.com
Notice and choice principle statement
We may be required to collect personal data from you during the course of your dealings with us or for the purpose of our business activities. Such personal data may include but not limited to:
- Name (as per identity card)
- Preferred name
- Identity / passport number
- Age, birth date, gender, nationality
- Contact number
- Residential address, email address
- Bank account details
- Preferred sports brands and categories
- Information as to physical or mental health, political opinions, religious beliefs or other belief of similar nature
- The commission of an offence or alleged commission of an offence and such other data necessary for the purposes which the personal data is collected.
GENERALLY, WE PROCESS THIS DATA WHERE WE HAVE YOUR CONSENT TO USE IT, WHERE IT IS NECESSARY TO EXECUTE OUR CONTRACT, TO TAKE STEPS AT YOUR REQUEST PRIOR TO ENTERING INTO A CONTRACT, WHERE REQUIRED BY LAW OR IN PURSUIT OF OUR LEGITIMATE INTERESTS WHERE THESE ARE NOT OVERRIDDEN BY YOUR RIGHTS AND INTERESTS, SUCH AS TO PROVIDE APPROPRIATE MARKETING AND TO MAINTAIN OUR SERVICES.
PLEASE NOTE THAT YOUR PERSONAL DATA IS NECESSARY FOR US TO CARRY OUT THE AFORESAID PURPOSE. THE FAILURE TO SUPPLY SUCH PERSONAL DATA WILL OR MAY:
- Result in us being unable to administer the business or contractual relationship between us and you.
- Result in us being unable to provide you with information about the products, offers, activities, events and programmes organised, managed, facilitated, sponsored and/or participate by us.
- Result in us being unable to provide you with information about the products, services, events and programmes offered by selected third parties which may interest you.
Comments and Reviews
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
When you leave a review, it may be displayed publicly, along with with the star rating left by you, the name use used to create the account or purchase the product, and your profile picture if applicable. You are responsible for the information you choose to publicly display on our website which will remain there indefinitely, and we may remove content that we deem inappropriate.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website. Do no upload any images that break your local laws or that of the United Kingdom.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Who we share your data with
If you request a password reset, your IP address will be included in the reset email.
Information may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
Information provided in giveaway forms are sent to website administrators via email through Multi Step Form.
- Your personal data may be shared with:
- Other companies
- Our professional advisers, consultants, including, without limitation, our insurers
- Our suppliers, business partners and sub-contractors
- Our Third Party Advertisers
- Search engine and web analytics providers.
- We may disclose your personal data to any prospective/actual purchaser and/or their advisers in the event that we were to sell our business or assets.
- We may also disclose your personal data where we are subject to a legal obligation to do so, in connection with the detection or prevention of crime, for the purpose of establishing, exercising or defending our legal rights, or where we consider that we receive a valid request for disclosure. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- If we are requested by the police or any other regulatory or government authority investigating suspected illegal activities to provide your personal information or any other information we obtain about you, we are entitled do so.
- From time to time, our Website may contain links to and from websites of third parties. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites will have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any information to these websites.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website, we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
If you enter a competition or giveaway, your information will be stored indefinitely to contact winners, learn about our customers, and contact customers about Brighton Footgolf offers and deals.
Upon making a purchase through our Website, we will retain limited personal information such as name, email address and postal address until a request that we update or delete those details for the purpose of reporting new and existing users to our affiliate advertisers comes from you. We will retain transaction information for as long as required by law. We will also retain information regarding your website browsing history for the same period.
If legally required or if it is reasonably necessary to meet regulatory requirements, resolve disputes, prevent fraud and abuse, or enforce our terms and conditions, we may also retain some of your personal information for a limited amount of time, even after you have closed your account with us.
We will retain your personal information for a limited time beyond the specified retention period, to allow for information to be reviewed and deletion to take place.
Where your data is stored
The information that we collect from you will be stored within our servers (internal and external). It may also be processed by one of our suppliers.
What rights you have over your data
You are responsible for the data you choose to share with us which will be stored with us indefinitely unless you request for this data to be removed.
You have the right to request for access to and for correction of your personal data. You may also request us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. You may exercise your right to prevent this by ticking on certain boxes on the forms that we use to collect your data, clicking the unsubscribe button on any communication that we may have sent you or by contacting us.
Where you have consented to us using your personal data, you have to right to withdraw consent at any time. If any of the information we have about you is inaccurate or incomplete, you can notify us and request that we correct or supplement it.
You have the right, with some exceptions, to request for a copy of any personal data we hold about you. If you chose to exercise this right, then in some circumstances any access request may be subject to a fee to mitigate our costs of providing you with the information we hold about you.
If you have a complaint about how your personal data is handled by us, you may be able to request that we restrict how we use your personal data while your complaint is being resolved. In certain circumstances you may ask us to erase your personal data. Once you withdraw your consent, it is no longer necessary for us to use your personal data.